Taco Soup? I am sure everyone has a Taco Soup Recipe. However, I have been asked by several persons to provide them with one – so I am sharing. For me, it is a fall and winter dish. Easy Cooking, Easy Like Sunday Morning!
2 pounds of lean ground beef
2 packages of taco seasoning mix
1 large onion (chopped)
1 package of Hidden Valley (dry) Ranch Dressing mix
1 can of Bush’s chili beans (do not drain)
1 can of Bush’s chili black beans (do not drain)
1 can of Bush’s kidney beans (drained)
1 can of Bush’s red beans (drained)
1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can of Hunts Mexican style stewed tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can of sliced black olives (drain)
* 4 cups of water (you add more water if you like)
- Brown the chopped onion and ground beef in a skillet (drain fat).
- While the ground beef w/onion is browning, mix the other ingredients in a pot, and let simmer with the 4 cups of water.
- Once the ground beef mixture is ready, add it to the pot with the other ingredients. Stir and bring it to a boil, reduce heat and let the soup simmer for an hour or so – stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Add or reduce water to make it more or less soupy.
* You can also make this soup in the crock pot on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish (if so desired) with sour cream, cheese, green onions, jalapenos.
- It may be eaten with cornbread, cheese toast, or on a bed of tortilla chips.
I hope you enjoy!
Easy Cooking “Taco Soup” ~~~ Yvonne James | https://www.yvonnejames.com