For me, this was love at first bite! This cake is delicious – you must try it and let me know your opinions!
1 yellow cake mix (I use the Duncan Hine Classic Yellow Cake Mix)
- 1 cup water (cake mix ingredient)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (cake mix ingredient)
- 3 eggs (cake mix ingredient)
1 can coconut cream (if you have a problem finding this ingredient, because I know I did the first time I made this dessert, check the mixed alcohol drink area of the grocery store – that is where it is located at Kroger. Pictured below)
1 can condensed milk
1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain) (I use Dole)
1 can Cool Whip
1 cup shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake the yellow cake according to directions using a 13×9 cake pan
- Mix coconut cream & condensed milk together (while your cake is baking)
- When cake is cooked, punch lots of holes in cake with a chopstick (or something similar)
- Slowly pour coconut cream mixture over still warm cake and into holes all over the cake
- Pour undrained pineapple over the cake, and refrigerate until cold
- Mix cool whip and shredded coconut together and spread over cake
- Refrigerate overnight, keep cold until ready to serve
* This cake has to be kept refrigerated when not being eaten.
* Generally, I allow the cake to reach room temperature before serving or eating.
I hope you enjoy!
Easy Cooking “Pineapple Coconut Cake” ~~~ Yvonne James | https://www.yvonnejames.com