O’Charley’s discontinued their New York Style Pizza Pasta dish a few years ago so I had to improvise. I hate when restaurants do that – change their menu and discontinue dishes that I love. This is my copycat…
1 pound of Penne Pasta
16 ounces of Pepperoni
1 Pound of Ground Beef
1 Package of Italian Sausage Links (Hot, Sweet, Regular, Mild whatever your preference)
4 Bell Peppers (1 of each Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green) (cut into long slices)
1 Sweet Yellow Onion (cut into slices)
I can Stewed Tomatoes
1 can of sliced mushrooms (drained)
2 Jars of Ragu Chunky Vegetable Pasta Sauce
2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
COOKING DIRECTIONS: Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare your Penne Pasta according to the directions on the box
- In a large pot, start simmering your Ragu Chunky Vegetable Pasta Sauce, Stewed Tomatoes, and Pepperoni on medium-low
- In a skillet, fry your Italian Sausage links until they are done, drain and cut into slices. Stir into the pot of sauce
- In a skillet, fry your ground beef with the mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers
- Once the ground beef is brown, drain the fat and stir the mixture into the pot with your sauce.
- Add your cooked penne pasta into your sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once everything is thoroughly mixed, transfer your pasta into a large baking dish, top with Mozzarella Cheese, bake for 30 minutes….
I always keep an extra jar of pasta sauce on hand in case I need to add some more. I like my pasta little saucy
Easy Cooking, “”New York Style Pizza Pasta” ~~~ Yvonne James | http://www.yvonnejames.com